Becoming A Foster Parent
Expectations of our Foster Families
- Provide a safe, nurturing, and loving home for the child.
- Advocate for the child.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Protect & nurture the child.
- Work as a member of the child's professional team.
- Be supportive of the child's birth parents.
- Guide the child.
- Participate in counseling & therapy with the child.
- Maintain licensing standards.
- Respect & abide by DePaul Community Resources &
the Commonwealth of Virginia's licensing standard
- Develop a sense of humor.
- Use funds appropriately.
- Be honest.
- Be responsible for the child's care (doctor apointments,
- Develop a strong support system.
- Have fun!
Qualities in a Good Foster Parent
DePaul Community Resources is looking for foster parents with the following qualities:
- A love of children and teens
- Good parenting skills
- Warmth and patience
- A willingness to learn
- A sense of humor
- Ability to work with others in a team effort